Get visibility on the state of your in-transit reefer goods.
See inside the box
Remote Container Management is the infrastructure enabling Captain Peter, which brings unrivalled transparency to the shipping of perishable cargo. The continuous data flow from our reefer containers enables our operations team to take better care of your goods and via Captain Peter you can stay up-to-date on conditions inside the container. Captain Peter shows you what is happening inside the box through near real-time data – even when your container is at sea – covering everything from temperature and humidity to O2/CO2 levels. If issues arise at any time during transit, Captain Peter will let you know and support you in making the best decision for your business. Get a glimpse below of what Captain Peter can do for you.
- Unlimited users - Use your webalogs.com accounts to access Captain Peter without any additional setup.
- Container overview and predicted vessel ETA - View all your historic and in-transit reefer shipments including a predicted vessel arrival time.
- Container journey log and graphs - Graphs with in-transit temperature, humidity and atmosphere readings plus key milestone events.
- Container GPS location - View the last transmitted GPS location of your reefer container.
- Off power periods and outside temperature - See when the container has been off power and the temperatures outside vs inside of the container.
- Arrival summary - Easy filtering of arriving shipments in the coming X days broken down on triggered notifications and ETA changes.
- Email notifications - Set up notifications based on pre-set or customizable thresholds in terms on temperature and time period deviation.
Easy data sharing
- Datalog downloads - Download all hourly data points for temperature, humidity and atmosphere in both Excel and PDF format.
- Shared links with container details - Create a shareable link to a specific container with the graphs, milestones and GPS location.
- Grant access to other shipment parties - Allowing you as contractual customer to easily grant access for the shipper and/or consignee of your shipments.
- API integration - Push-based API enabling datalog data to flow directly into your system of choice when received from the reefer container.
- Email - Get product support from our reefer experts via email. Answers can be expected within 1-2 business days.
- 24/7 chat - Get product support directly from our reefer experts via the 24/7 chat.
Remote Container Management enables better cargo care
Maersk has invested in technology and hardware which enables a remote flow of data from our reefer containers. The system is called Remote Container Management and entails transmitting devices installed on all of our modern containers as well as network installations onboard all our vessels. Our operations teams have eyes your container from pickup through to delivery using the Remote Container Management alarm system. If problems do arise, they are quickly identified and rectified. This applies to all reefer shipments as part of our standard service. We also identify recurring errors or faulty components and carry out preventive maintenance to minimise the risk of unscheduled repairs.
- Increased cargo quality
- Immediate issue resolution
- Preventive maintenance
- In-transit adjustments, if required, to maintain the perfect environment for your cargo
Complete transparency during the entire journey
With GPS tracking, we know exactly where your cargo is during the entire journey, how long it has been in transit, and when it will arrive.
- Improved security for your cargo
- Vastly reduced risk of lost cargo
- More precise arrival times
Frequently asked questions
Browse through some of the most common questions about Captain Peter. We hope this gives you some initial clarity but please feel free to simply log in and get acquainted with your reefer visibility assistant.
How to get access
If you are not already a Maersk customer, you can start by registering with our digital platform webalogs.com, which is our online hub for all things shipping. You can use your log in from webalogs.com to login to Captain Peter™.
Request a demo
Customers who are keen to know more about Captain Peter can request a demo.
Our local reefer specialists will reach out to you personally to take you through the product and explain how Captain Peter can help your business.
You may also be interested in
Reach your full potential by letting us simplify and connect your supply chain from end to end.
As one of the world's largest container shipping companies, we move 12 million containers every year and deliver to every corner of the globe.
Warehousing and Distribution
Strengthen your business with strategically located warehouses from Maersk. From ensuring timely delivery of your orders, to caring for your goods in a safe and secure environment, we can connect and simplify your supply chain.
Cold Chain Logistics
We help and support you in achieving your various logistics objectives with our high-quality Cold Chain Logistics services.
Maersk's Supply Chain Management offers a high level of efficiency and security for fast-moving consumer goods, every step of the way.