How to Split, Part, and Combine Shipments on webalogs.com
One of the critical areas we focus on is enabling you to submit your shipping instructions (SI) and amend them whenever necessary. In this article, we will cover how to do that easily on the Maersk Hub.
- Accessibility: Our digital solutions are accessible anywhere and anytime through the Maersk app or website.
- Accurate Data: Maersk provides the highest quality and precise data. It helps you make important decisions promptly.
- Notifications: We keep you informed on the status of your shipments, bookings, and documentation.
- Live Chat Support: Our website has a great live chat support tool available to assist you with any questions or issues you may encounter.
- Quicker Turn Times: When you submit your documentation or amendments to shipping instructions, we process them instantly where possible, or within eight hours. This is much quicker than emailing or submitting your documentation to us using any other method.
Maersk’s Growth Metrics (June 1st - June 31st, 2023)
Now, let’s understand how easy it is to create and change shipping instructions on Maersk.
Maersk Hub offers a seamless and integrated experience for submitting shipping instructions (SI). Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Log in to MaerskLog in to your account on webalogs.com, and you’ll land on Maersk Hub. From here, you can access a host of tools and features.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Task’ feature
One of the easiest ways to submit your shipping instructions is by clicking the ‘Outstanding Tasks’ widget on your Hub Dashboard. Alternatively, go to the ‘Task’ feature.
- Both routes will take you to the tasks window, showing you any tasks due within a specific timeframe (such as the next seven days).
- If you have tasks due, you can filter them by task type or due date. You can filter by ‘Shipping Instructions Due’ under the task type.
Note: Another way to submit your shipping instructions is through the shipment details section. Click the ‘Export overview’ button under the ‘Manage’ menu. You will get the option to filter shipments by date or type.
Step 3: Select the relevant shipment for review
Now, click on the bill of lading (B/L) you need to review, and it will take you to our revamped Shipping Details page.
The shipment page will give you an overview of the top tasks to complete. Click ‘View All Tasks’ and you will find the option to submit shipping instructions (SI).
Step 4: Submit your shipping instructionsOn the SI submit portal, you will see various tabs related to different parts of your instructions.
- Split, Part, and Combine
Right next to the B/L no., you can split, part, and combine your B/Ls. Note that this option is only available on the submit journey, not during amendments or after sailing.
- Create Split
You will get the option to split a B/L amongst containers. Let’s say you have two containers on the selected booking that are not assigned. You can create a split, assign the bill to the second container, and create a new B/L. Here, you’ll need to submit SI for both of these B/Ls separately.
Alternatively, select ‘yes’ if you want to part load, i.e., one container to have multiple B/Ls. If you want your second container to have two B/Ls, assign another bill to the same container (in addition to the existing one) and create a new B/L.
- Combining Shipments
You’ll also have the default option if you haven’t created a split. Just enter your shipment number and search for the shipment. Click ‘Add Whole Shipment’ to combine.
1. DocumentRight on top, you’ll see the Transport Document Receiver details. Here, you can change/add the parties that will be responsible for the documentation.
- Next, you can choose your document types (B/L or Waybill) along with release instructions. You'll also add any locally required references here, such as AES or PRN.
- Another important feature here is Vessel and Location aliases. The dropdown will allow you to alter how the load or discharge port locations are displayed on the documents per your needs.
- Next, you can request any additional items to be added in B/L, such as transit clause, agent details, free days, or certain certificates. Once done, save & continue.
Under this tab, you can see all the parties related to your shipment. Apart from Shipper and Consignee, you can also add new parties (like forwarders) or other references. We also give you the option to select a ‘First Notify’ party from here.
- To add new parties, you can either select from your favorites or search by trading name and country, or customer codes. Be sure to use additional details if needed to narrow down the list.
- As required, you can also add other parties like Additional Notify Party, Outward Forwarder, or Inward Forwarder.
- For each party, you can edit how you want the address to be displayed on the documents. Once done, save and continue.
3. PayersHere, you can add or remove payers (again, by trading name or customer codes).
- You can also assign specific charges to certain payers at various stages. The charges can also be toggled between ‘prepaid’ and ‘collect’ wherever possible.
- The portal also allows you to choose whether you want these charges displayed on paper (switch the toggle on top of the page).
- Save & Continue.
Note: Currently, we do not have the option to provide both rated and unrated B/L at the same time. If you want both, you can first submit SI and download the copy without the rates. Afterward, please submit the rated request as an amendment.
4. Cargo and VGMThis is the step where you add cargo details and related instructions. You may need to upload details of multiple packages, so you also get the option to upload Excel files.
- First, provide accurate descriptions for each type of goods in your shipment, along with the 6-digit HS code. You can name this template, save it, and then use it again.
- If you want to add more cargo types, click ‘Add another description for this shipment.’ Mention the AES or other required reference numbers in the cargo description box.
- Next, assign multiple descriptions to a container or leave it at one each. The system will have pre-validated container numbers based on no. of containers you’ve selected.
- Then, add package weight and volume details using the VGM (Verified Gross Mass) method of your choice.
- Finally, you can check for seals and references based on the country regulations where you’re shipping from and shipping to.
- Recheck your cargo details, save, and continue for the final review.
5. ReviewThis section will give you a snapshot of your entire SI form.
- You’ll see an overview of all the instructions you’ve filled under different segments.
- Make any edits as required. You don’t need to resubmit the entire SI if you edit a particular section.
- At the end of the review, you can also send the Verify Copy to additional email IDs.
- Need some more time? Save draft or print preview. Once done, click Submit.
Next Steps After Submitting SI
After we receive your instructions, our team will perform some validation checks before we draft the final amended bill of lading (B/L). Once verified, we will send your B/L to your registered email ID. (If you don’t get an email, subscribe to email notifications via settings.)In the revamped version of our portal, we have also added a tab that shows all submitted and pending SI on the SI submission confirmation page. You also get the option to resubmit or submit SI for any B/L.
webalogs.com is intuitive and easy to navigate, enabling self-guidance as you start booking. Feel free to contact our live support for any help on the go.Maersk allows you the flexibility to not only submit SI but also quickly make changes to your shipping instructions anytime. Here’s a quick walkthrough…
- Go to the Export overview. Then click on the shipment details for the specific B/L you have submitted instructions for.
- You’ll see a pop-up to Amend the Verify Copy on the right.
- Once you proceed, the steps to SI changes are similar as above. You can directly navigate to the segment where you want to make changes (for example, Cargo & VGM).
- After you make the changes, check them in the review tab and submit the amendment.
Summing UpWe’ve designed the Maersk Hub to offer you a hassle-free DIY experience, whether you’re new to the industry or already well-versed. Submitting and amending shipping instructions on Maersk is quick, easy, and super convenient. You can do it anytime, anywhere, and save much of your time.
Reward yourself with a seamless, user-friendly digital shipping experience you and your team deserve. Scale your business to unprecedented heights as Maersk backs you with integrated logistics solutions. Start shipping with Maersk!